Monday, November 30, 2009

The Commuter story critique

Action in Nature Photo Show

Max Brown from The Commuter wrote a story about the annual art show on Friday, November 13th at 7:30 pm where photographers gather to show their photography skills.

The lead was intriguing and was written in a way where a person reading the piece could picture the auditorium in their head. It was very clean and well written.

The nut graf gave a lot of information, as intended to. The description of a few of the photographers was really good and since I didn't attend the show, it gave me an insight of what was shown.

I thought that the last quote by Haley Cobb was a bit rude and if it were me, I wouldn't have published it. “A few of the pictures were interesting,” Cobb said,“but after hearing about each and every plant I started to get a little bored.” I would be very embarrassed if it was me she was talking about, saying that she got bored after awhile. Hearing a description about every little flower and what not could be a little boring, but it is unnecessary to add a quote like that in a story read by many people in the Linn-Benton area.

The three things that stood out to me was the description of what the photographers showed, the unnecessary quote by Haley Cobb and the lack of links or where to get more information besides e-mailing someone.

There were no links in the story. Instead an e-mail address of Bob Ross was given.

No comments:

Post a Comment